Students work in teams create a product presentation or marketing campaign.
- Practice business meeting skills.
- Practice and learn marketing vocabulary
- Communicate in speaking
- 1 hour
- Split students into groups of 3-4.
- Groups must invent a product and create a marketing presentation for the rest of the class.
- Teams work together to create a fictional product or service.
- Teams create a marketing presentation with all the key information on their product (e.g. price, useag, etc.)
- Students are allowed only a certain budget for the fictional product.
- The best presentation and product are chosen by students and teacher.
Feedback and Reflection
- Teacher provides language feedback from team meetings and presentations.
- Class discusses activity.
- How were the presentation different?
- Why did you choose one over the other?
- What challenges did your group have?
- What did other groups do that you would do next time?
- Why do you think marketing is challenging?
- How did your team perform in the presentation?
- The presentation of the product can be in any form. The marketing presentation is only one format. Brochures, newsletters, posters, and a variety of other formats can be used.
- Negotiating in groups should bring out language for opinions, advice, and suggestions.
- Adjectives should arise from describing the product and its features.
- Signposting in the presentation could be discussed.